A pair of title fights are part of a packed undercard in Arizona at the Top Rank Boxing event this Friday night.
While a WBO flyweight title defense from Conjunto Nakatani against Angel “Tito” Acosta has the potential to be an exciting fight, the main event sees Oscar Valdez defend his WBC super featherweight belt against Robson Conceicao.
Valdez has won a couple of titles in his career, most notably the WBO featherweight title, which he defended six times. He comes in with a career record of 29-0, with 23 of which have come by knockout. His last victory that did not come by knockout was in a unanimous decision victory against Adam Lopez in November 2019. He won the super featherweight title when he knocked out Miguel Berchelt in the 10th round in February.
This will be Robson Conceicao’s first career title shot. The Brazilian arrives at Tuscon also undefeated, going 16-0 in his professional career, with eight of his victories by knockout. Conceicao came onto the professional scene with notoriety, as he won Olympic gold at the 2016 Games.
MAIN CARD (10 p.m. ET, ESPN+)
- Oscar Valdez vs. Robson Conceicao (WBC Super Featherweight Title, 12 rounds – Main Event)
- Gabriel Flores Jr. vs. Luis Lopez (Junior Lightweight, 10 rounds)
PRELIMS (5:25 p.m. ET, ESPN+)
- Junto Nakatani vs. Angel Acosta (WBO Flyweight Title, 12 rounds)
- Xander Zayas vs. Jose Luis Sanchez (Junior Middleweight, 6 rounds)
- Raymond Murtatalla vs. Jose Angulo (Lightweight, 8 rounds)